I am amazingly blessed to work in such an incredible industry. I get to make travel dreams happen for so many others. But I also get to travel at least 6 – 8 times a year myself. Sometimes for a personal getaway with my loved ones and sometimes for business. I happen to love it all! For me – business is pleasure, because whenever I get to travel and learn about new destinations and resorts to pass on to our wonderful clients, it’s all good. I still get excited when I have to wake up early to catch a flight – waking up every hour or so to make sure my alarm is correct. Arriving at the airport still gives me a little thrill. And that is how it should be! If I am not passionate about traveling and discovering new places how can I get others excited about booking an amazing “Getaway”?
Here are some of the things that I experience when I travel:
- I realize how small the world really is and how people are all generally the same wherever I go and a smile still means the same thing in any language.
- I see things a little clearer and I realize the things I was worried about aren’t really that big.
- I am always surprised to realize that the world back home didn’t fall apart without me for a few days.
- It still get amazed at how comfortable I feel in other Countries.
- I somehow feel a little lighter and younger.
- I get recharged and refreshed – ready to come back renewed and excited to plan amazing getaways for others.